Terms & Conditions
As a fundraiser, there are a few responsibilities that you need to be aware of when fundraising for WIRES Incorporated:
- In order to be a legitimate fundraiser for WIRES your event or activity must be registered with WIRES. You must have registered online through our fundraising website or have an official Authority to Fundraise letter issued for your fundraising activities. This is required by law and will be issued once WIRES has assessed and approved your fundraising event or activity.
- The person who registers a fundraiser will be the activity organiser, which makes them solely accountable for managing the fundraising activity in an appropriate and responsible way.
- It’s up to the activity organiser to ensure the safety of the activity, including organising appropriate public liability insurance and providing first aid services if they are needed.
- You need to fulfil any legal obligations for fundraising and comply with any regulations. You will also need to organise any permits, licenses, insurance or authorities to fundraise where necessary. This information will be available from your state government or local council.
- If you are collecting off-line donations, you will need to hold on to all the money you raise until your fundraising activity is over and make sure it’s kept in a safe place. Money needs to be donated to us within 14 days of the activity being completed.
- WIRES reserves the right to audit paperwork associated with the event/fundraising activity. Organisers are responsible for keeping all paperwork relevant to the event/fundraising activity.
- You may only use our name and logo to promote your activity if you adhere to the conditions outlined below:
- Any promotional material and collateral must only use the 'Proud Supporter of WIRES’ logo and it cannot be altered in any way
- All promotional materials and collateral must be approved by WIRES before going to print or being distributed in any format.
- No personal photos of wildlife or wildlife imagery may be used other than what has been supplied by WIRES.
- You are not able to approach the general public with door to door or telephone collections as part of your fundraising activity.
- People under 16 years of age collecting donations or money must have an adult with them.
- You agree to release WIRES Inc. to the fullest extent permissible under law for all claims and demands of any kind associated with the activity and indemnify WIRES for all liability or costs that may arise in respect to any damage, loss or injury occurring to any person in any way associated with the activity caused by your breach of these responsibilities or negligence.
- WIRES Inc. reserves the right to withdraw your authority to fundraise at any time.
- WIRES authorisation of your event may be issued at the absolute discretion of WIRES based on the information you have provided. If authorisation is given, it is given in reliance on your having given us honest and truthful information regarding your event and any risks or hazards to which participants may be exposed.
- WIRES will inform prior to the commencement of the event if it is to be covered under the WIRES insurance. If not, evidence of an insurance cover must be sent to WIRES prior to event commencement.